Sunday, November 16, 2008

Montreal

Yesterday I went to Montreal for a sandwich. And then I drove back.

While there, I also ate poutine. For the uninitiated, it is a French Candadian dish consisting of french fries smothered in brown gravy and cheese curds. And while it sounds like the most disgusting thing ever, it was actually quite delicious.

But the real revelation of the day was the Coke. I ordered a Coke in Canada, expecting nothing out of the ordinary, and discovered that they make it with sugar rather than high-fructose corn syrup. The difference was astounding. Clearly this is a truly great civilization.
-TC

1 comment:

mardis said...

Hey TC -

If you loved Canadian Coke, get ready for Passover in April. Corn is one of the no-no grains during the celebration of when God killed thousands of babies, so Passover Coke is also made with sugar rather than corn syrup, and so for a week Coke may give you cancer, instead of definitely giving you cancer.

If you aren't broke then, you should stock up for the year.

If I'm not broke then, I should visit you, since you really aren't all that far away. I'll probably be broke.

-Smullin, another successful Marlboro alumnus